Wednesday, March 17, 2010

SXSWi 2010, March 16, 2010 - Day 5

Got up and made my way down to the convention centre just before 9am to take in as much SXSWi as I could on the last day. The sessions/events I attended over the course of the day included, 14,000 Songs in 28 Days, Social Business, Keynote: The Future of Business Delivery, Cracking the Books: User Generated Content Management in Education, 140 Conference (Twitter) and the very fun Interactive Closing Party Hosted by (mt) Media Temple at the Mohawk.

I was a both sad and relieved to have the conference wrap up - with all the activity I was starting to feel a bit frayed around the edges - but part of me wished it wasn’t over. Or rather, part of me wished I had made plans to stick around for SXSW Music. Next time ;)

It wasn’t a perfect experience, there were a few bumps along the way, but the issues were relatively minor and not out of the ordinary for a large-scale conference (long line-ups for registration, occasional long waits for shuttles, and the false alarm evacuation come to mind). I attended one or two sessions (out of the 20+ total sessions I took in) that were disappointing or not what I expected, but the solution was simply to move onto another panel discussion or event.

As a whole I had a fabulous ‘noobie’ experience at SXSWi. The opportunity to listen to, and sometimes even speak with, the creators and developers of the tools I work with was priceless. The conference was well organized and I found the content to be extremely useful. On the networking side, I made a lot of great contacts and more importantly, some new friends.

SXSWi 2010 was one of the best professional development experiences I’ve had and I’d definitely love to come back for SXSWi 2011. Thanks Austin and SXSW!

Additional resources:

No comments: