Saturday, March 09, 2013

SXSW 2013: Day 2



Just wanted to share a couple of pics that I snapped on day 2 at SXSW. Though they might seem somewhat disparate, I think they both reflect the atmosphere that makes SX a second-to-none festival.

I started off the day with Tim Berners-Lee's presentation on Open Web. I was surprised by the number of "Who is Tim Berners-Lee?" inquiries I heard in the lineup going into the presentation. For those who don't know, Berners-Lee is credited with being the inventor of the World Wide Web. You can find my live tweets from his session below. The man talks a mile a minute and every sentence was packed with 2-3 points that I might consider to be the most profound thing I've ever heard.

At the end of the day I came across this fun little scene on Sixth near the conference center (pic below). The sun was setting, the day sessions were winding down, and the parties were just getting started. These dancers and their zombie marching band were wandering up and down the streets getting everyone riled up for the fun night ahead.


No comments: