Sunday, August 18, 2013

Hey Friends! Join us on our journey as we travel the world!

 Friends

It's been almost two months since we left the west coast to head out on our around-the-world journey. Wow, time flies! Near the start of our trip, my friend Diane made a very cool suggestion: that I should come up with a way to document our travels online. Of course, I'd already been keeping a record of our travels in a bit of a loosely organized way - through my blog posts and photo galleries. The idea of going one step further and coming up with a continuing theme to explore sounded like a fun idea.

It's taken me a few weeks to figure it out, but I've finally come up with a blog idea that I hope will work for me. I believe it'll lend some structure to these willy-nilly blog posts I've been writing, AND bring friends closer to mind as we head out into the big wide-world.

I'm hoping you, my good friends and family, might take a few minutes out of your day to send me something to reflect upon for one day of this trip we're on. I'd like for it to be something that has particular meaning in our relationship - an activity we both enjoy, a song we like, a place that's significant to both of us, the topic of a discussion we've had, etc. Please send your ideas by Facebook message (if we're connected on Facebook), a direct message on Twitter or in the comments below. At the end of each day, I'll include my reflections in a blog post. I'm counting on you guys for inspiration!

As per Diane's suggestion, if this all sounds too vague and open-ended you could also just send me your favourite song.

Looking forward to reading your submissions! Knowing how fabulous you all are, I expect I'll have some fantastic things to ponder over the coming months!

No comments: