Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Camino Day 31: Our arrival in Santiago



Almost a week has passed since we arrived in Santiago. I expect it might look like I've fast-forwarded two weeks - our final week on the Camino and the past week. I'm hoping I'll have time to fill in a few of these days later on down the road. Maybe…

Most of our time on the Camino, it felt like the end was a far away speck on the horizon. Between all the hardships and challenges, sometimes it almost felt like it would never end. And then suddenly, we were into our final week, the last 100km, the final leg of the journey.

With the end in sight and many new faces joining us on the way, we seemed to draw closer together with the original group we began the Camino with in Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port. For B and I, this meant good times and pre-celebrations with the friends we've become close with and pretty much no time for blogging.

That said, for now I've just got a few pictures to share of our final days on the Camino. Pictures of the amazing friends we've made that I expect we'll remember forever. Of all the posts I've uploaded while we've been on the Camino, I know this one is going to be my favourite.



























2 comments:

wecare said...

Congratulations to you two. It has been such a joy to follow your camino. It sounds like it proved an interior journey as well as a physical one and that you have built great memories of a circle of fellow pilgrims. It puts me in mind of an old Dutch truism, "We travel to learn." So now the question, "Quo vadis?" Wherever the road next takes you, may you travel under blue skies, a gentle breeze, and with a light step.

wecare said...

Congratulations to you two. It has been such a joy to follow your camino. It sounds like it proved an interior journey as well as a physical one and that you have built great memories of a circle of fellow pilgrims. It puts me in mind of an old Dutch truism, "We travel to learn." So now the question, "Quo vadis?" Wherever the road next takes you, may you travel under blue skies, a gentle breeze, and with a light step.