Sunday, July 30, 2006

Day 2 - SIGGRAPH 2006

Attended 'The Art of "Open Season": Traditional 2D Styling with Today's Bells and Whistles' this morning and got a behind-the-scenes look at how a feature animated film is created. This isn't quite my cup of tea, the creation process is much more in-depth than I would usually go, but some of the info might come in handy.

The Guerrilla Studio podcasting workshop I took in the afternoon (Recordings of Place: Creating a Memoire of a Location) was a bit more practical. Picked up some techniques I will definitely use. I will attend one of the break-out sessions later on in the week to pretty up the podcast I created - the presenter noted that the completed projects will be published on the SIGGRAPH site.

Also took in an art panel discussion, "Locative Media: Urban Landscape and Pervasive Technology within Art". Some interesting discussion especially in regards to technology and surveillance.

The Emerging Technologies exhibition was pretty intense. I only took in half the exhibition as it got a bit overwhelming after a couple of hours. Here's some pics. The first is of a projected pond that was touch responsive and the second is of an augmented reality tennis game.

No comments: