Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Other London to Victoria, BC

Who'd have thought that you could change planes so many times between Ontario and BC? I'm guessing it's probably not a record, but the flight to Victoria entailed changing planes in both Winnipeg (-4 and snowing) and Calgary (a balmy +4).

The Sutherlands gave me a warm welcome to my new base city upon my arrival at the airport. It was unfortunate I arrived after nightfall as I would've liked to have taken in the sights on the drive into town. I did get a good view of the White Spot where we stopped so I could grab a late dinner. The White Spot!

After spending the last few weeks engulfed in the bittersweet melancholy of clearing house and saying good-bye to good friends and family if feels good to finally be here. I'll spend the day unpacking and exploring. Tomorrow I start in my new position at UVic. So many new things!

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Wishing you all the very best in your new chapter, Joyce!

Joyce Peralta said...

Thanks, Andrew! The same to you!