Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Summer Song

Well, it's not quite summer, but considering London had a snow day today, I'd say it's relatively close. The weather today was a beautiful sunny 10 degrees. I don't know how long it'll last, but it's a welcome alternative to snow, however brief. My colleagues were lamenting at the cold weather. I walked home for lunch and found it was almost too warm for a jacket.

The list of places I've been told I must visit is getting quite long. Here's the list so far:
Butchart Gardens
Sally Buns
Mount Douglas
Tofino and Ucluelet
Hermann's Jazz Club
Wells Books
Salt Springs
lobby of The Empress
Beacon Hill Park
Micro Brewery tour
Chinatown
etc, etc, etc

And then there are the things B and I have been planning to do for years which include The Pacific Trail the Juan de Fuca and a kayak trip to the Gwaii Haanas. So much to do!

As for the rest, I've been spending the last few days getting settled in at work and am looking forward to getting down to business with some projects tomorrow. I'm hoping I'll have some pictures of the campus, which is beautiful, to share soon.

'Til next time!

No comments: